What We Cover
Five main areas are explored during our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. and these are described below. Upon successful completion, you’ll be an accredited Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and equipped to teach yoga internationally.
We support the Independent Yoga Network so you can go ahead and register with them once qualified, should you wish to.
- Asana – Learning to modify and understand poses
- Pranayama – Breathing techniques
- Bandhas – Body locks
- Kriyas – Yogic cleansing practices
- Sanskrit – Practical learning of Sanskrit terms
- Mantras and Chanting
- Meditation and Yoga Nidra
- Principles of demonstration
- How to give hands-on Assists
- Ethics of teaching
- Qualities of an inspirational yoga teacher
- The Art of Sequencing
- Sequencing for a Gentle Hatha Yoga Class
- Sequencing for a Vinyasa Flow Class
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology
- Functional Movement and Movement Patterns
- The benefits of postures
- Contraindications of postures for injuries and modifications of postures for different body types.
- The Subtle Body, including the Koshas, Chakras, Nadis and Prana Vayus
- The history of yoga
- Study and review the classical texts – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita
- Learning the ancient language of Sanskrit
- Modern applications of a yogic lifestyle
- Ethics for a yoga teacher
- Understanding the teacher/student relationship
- Ayurveda lifestyle and principles
- Life planning and journalling (creating the life you want through yoga)
- Teaching skills and practice
- Working on your voice
- Performance coaching
- Learning through observation
What Makes it Special
We’ve trained 700+ brilliant yoga teachers over the last 14 years. We’re proud of being a world-class training school, setting global standards for Yoga Teacher Training.
Each of your 4 tutors is an expert in their field – you’ll receive specialised and individual attention. You’ll be qualified and equipped to teach worldwide.
Mentoring sessions can be provided after your 200-hour training to help you with the nuances of carving a career as a yogateacher.